Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Decorating

This is the first live tree we've had in years! It smelled wonderful, and although we'll be vacuuming up needles until this summer, we loved every minute it was up!  You can't tell in the photo but it was actually really tall (but skinny, perfect for our smallish living room).  I meant to take photos of Ellie & Abby's trees -- each had a shimmery pink tree in their rooms, decorated with sparkly pink ornaments and white garlands.

Gifts!  Wrapped and ready!


In the dining room. . .  Ellie and I made book-page trees -- she cut and rolled the paper strips and I glued them to the foam cones.  Fun project!

Sweet little winter scene, stockings and Christmas cards. We love seeing at all the precious photo cards.  We clipped the cards from Abby's friends at her height and she would look at them several times a day (and notice if I moved them!).

Our porch. . .  Ellie and I went with bright colors and covered our existing pillows in funky fabrics.  I wish I had a photo of the girls' wicker set -- Ellie wrapped their pillows so they looked like fun Christmas candies piled in their chairs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment