Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bathroom Redo


Ellie and I decided the girls' bathroom needed a little mini-facelift.  Here's a photo of it "before."  The ribbon & flowers painting over the window was done by a previous homeowner's sister in 1994 (she signed another painting on the back of the door with the name "Punkin"). 
It was girly-ish so we've left it all these years and decorated the bathroom to match (and we felt a little guilty painting over it after all that lady's hard work!).  Finally, we decided we were soo over it, so Ellie and I re-painted the walls a fresh white (sorry, Punkin!) and added a few new accessories.


Here's an 'after' shot.  I made a new curtain, appliqued the girls initials on towels and used mix-matched fabrics as mats for a few frames.  We covered metal pails with fabric and mod-podge and added chalkboard labels.  They're the perfect size for hair supplies!   The bathroom still needs a few more items, but we're glad to have that painting project checked off our (long!) to-do list, and the girls are pretty happy with their fresh bathroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment