Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ellie's 8th Birthday Party! Party Decor!

Ellie's 8th birthday party was last week and Ellie asked for a "neon rainbow art theme!"  We decided it would be fun to have it in the church gym (and cooler -- poor Ellie with Mississippi Summer birthdays!).  Here's her rainbow invitation!

We set up art tables with bright colored paints and brushes ready to go!  Each guest had a large canvas waiting for them when they arrived.   Ellie and I had pre-taped each guest's initial in painter's tape on the canvases.  The children could paint all over their canvases and when they were dry, we removed the painter's tape to reveal their big white initial. 


Neon drinks and stripey straws!

Ellie's neon party table!

Happy Birthday, Ellie!!


Neon cupcakes!  Yummy!

The cake had a neon rainbow surprise inside!!  The children ooh'ed and ahh'ed in delight when we cut the cake!

We served neon colored fruit (grapes and pineapples), rainbow Skittles, rainbow goldfish...

... and neon rice crispy paintbrushes!

Completed canvases, drying. . . before we removed the painter's tape initials.  They were very creative artists!

The paint station


For their party favors, each guest got to keep their canvas, select an arm-full of neon and glow bracelets, and enjoy candy sticks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I haven't been on your blog forever, and now I need a day to just sit and look -- how amazing! I will be stealing some ideas here. Great job, it looked beautiful! Happy birthday to Elle! I will have to let her penpal know she had a birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete