Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Farmers Market Fridays

We are so excited summer is here -- and the Farmer's Market is one of our favorite summer activities!  The girls have gone with Granna on summer Fridays for several years and they looked forward to it all week.  Abby loves visiting all her "Farmer's Market Friends."  She knows them all by name and the precious vendors save little treats for the girls every week!  This summer, I'm off on Fridays so I can join them!  Yay!

This past Friday, we purchased honeycomb, honey, blackberries, blueberries, squash, and farmer's cheese. 

Several weeks ago, we watched the Pioneer Woman make blackberry cobbler so we decided to try it!

Abby liked licking her fingers after buttering the baking dish!

(she did wash her hands before she sprinkled the blackberries in the batter!)

Yummy!!! 
We're looking forward to all the recipes we can prepare this summer with our Farmer's Market finds!

P.S.  -- Look at how I discovered Abby Sunday morning before church. . . ironing!  Cutie pie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment