Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mississippi Scholars

Last week, the Mississippi Scholars organization held a special ceremony for the A's & A's&B's students from Ellie's school.   Mississippi Scholars is a great program for high schoolers and this year they've expanded the program to include elementary aged students.

Mississippi Scholars Mission

To encourage and motivate all high school students to complete a defined, rigorous academic course of study that prepares them for successful transition to college or university coursework or vocational and technical training necessary to enter today's competitive job market.


Ellie was thrilled to be selected as a Mississippi Scholar!  The first graders rode the bus to Lipsey (the 5th & 6th grade school) for the event.  Several of Brookhaven's business leaders gave speeches about the importance of  parent participation in our students' education.   Then the children were presented with their awards.

Students with all A's received certificates AND a medal.   It was so exciting for Ellie to walk across the big stage to receive her award.

Mrs. Cox's MS Scholars

Congratulatory hug from Daddy!

We are so proud of our MS Scholar!!  She takes school very seriously and is such a great student. 

Annie & Ellie

Ellie and precious Mrs. Cox

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love how Ellie is twisting her hair in the first picture...too cute!

    Second of all, that's great! Tell her congratulations from Ansley's sister!

    And third, I was talking with a girl at work the other day about not cute babies and how I hope my baby is cute (I know he will be to me, but you know what I mean!). Then I showed her a picture of Abby from facebook as an example of a really cute baby. She completely agreed--you just have really cute kids!

    ReplyDelete