Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day!

We LOVE Valentine's Day!  So we seem to celebrate all month with tasty desserts and several crafts.  And we decorated a lot!  The girls helped me decorate the porch with Valentine fabric pillows, stickers in the kitchen windows, a vase of heart cut-outs on the dining room table, and we made a new wreath for the dining room mirror.


The Sunday before Valentine's Day, Tim grilled delicious steaks for our family celebration.  
On Valentine's Day, Ellie and Abby woke up to a decorated table with special little gifts from Daddy & Mommy and a breakfast of donuts and raspberry hot cocoa.  After school, we had cupcakes at Janie's!  Mmmmmm!!!

Ellie and Abby had a blast opening sweet gifts and cards from Granna & Papa, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Sarah, Jenny & Julia and Nana & Foo-Foo.

That evening, Tim and I enjoyed a rare date at the new Iron Horse Cafe downtown.  It was delicious -- I had lemon fish topped with a seafood sauce and Tim had key lime shrimp.   It was especially nice since we were celebrating our 10th anniversary of getting engaged.  The night we were engaged, Tim treated me to a  Valentine's dinner at the Inez, which is now the Iron Horse.

Ellie and Abby had a fun time with sweet Anna, our babysitter.  I think they were as excited about a babysitter as we were for our date.

Before supper, the girls and I made our Valentine's traditional chocolate covered strawberries!  Ellie took this photo of us.

After our date, we enjoyed our special dessert with the girls on our screened porch -- where Tim and I were engaged ten years ago!  We snuggled them close and told them the story of our engagement.
It was a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment