Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hearts!

Last week, the girls helped me make clay hearts for an art project in Ellie's class.


Drying and ready for firing into bisque.

Last Friday, we brought the bisque hearts to Ellie's class for them to paint.  The children drew their designs in pencil and then filled them in with pretty colors.  I explained that when the paint dried, it would look chalky and pale but once I put it in a big giant oven called a kiln, they would be shiny and bright.  Ellie passed around a sample of a fired/glazed heart so they could feel the difference in the rough bisque and glazed pottery.



Abby painted one, too!

And here are the finished hearts, hot out of the kiln!!  They did such a beautiful job.  Little artists!!
Ellie and I finished them off with pretty ribbon and brought them back to her classmates on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment